The solemn opening ceremony of the XI International Wildlife Festival the "Golden Turtle"
took place at the Expocentre on Krasnaya Presnya. As part of the ceremony, winners of the Golden Turtle 2017 International Photography, Painting and Design Competition were announced. Erlend Haarberg from Norway was awarded the Photographer of the Year. Two photographers from Russia — Vladimir Voichuk and Maxim Tarasov — were among the winners as well.
The winners of The Golden Turtle 2017 Photography Competition are:
- Underwater world: Craig Parry (Australia) — "The Ghost"
- Art and nature images: Csaba Daroczi (Hungary) — "Two forests"
- Microcosm: Csaba Gonye (Hungary) — "Parasols of Insects"
- Animal Behavior: Erlend Haaberg (Norway) — "Snow spat"
- Harmony of life: François Nowicki (France) — "Deer on the Crest"
- The Human and the Nature: Nathan Livartowski (France) — "The Peacock of Paris"
- Portrait of the Animal: Victoras Dubinskas (Lithuania) — "Lion in the Fog"
- Landscape: Vladimir Voichuk (Russia) — "Fiery Breath of the Planet"
- New technologies in wildlife photography: Maxim Tarasov (Russia) - "Winter is Coming"
Photographer of the Year The Golden Turtle 2017 was awarded to Erlend Haarberg (Norway). The winners of The Golden Turtle 2017 Art Competition are:
- Andrea Brun (Italy) — "Ghost of the trees – Pigmy owl”;
- Elena Kolotusha (Australia) — "The Thinker";
- Hans Christopher Kappel (Germany) — "Sleeping Fennec Fox";
- Lluis Sogorb (Spain) — "The Guardian of the Mountain".
The winners of The Golden Turtle 2017 Design Competition are:
- Eric Ginard (Cuba) — “Butterfly trap";
- Mariano Cerrella (Argentina) — "E-Waste";
- Pen-Kuei Xiao (Taiwan) — "Victims of warming".
The prize fund of the contest was $1,000 for the winners in each nomination, the grand prix of the competition — Photographer of the year was $2,000.
The works of the finalists and laureates of the The Golden Turtle 2017 can be seen at the Golden Turtle Festival from October 14 to November 5 at the Expocentre on Krasnaya Presnya in Moscow. From 10th to 19th of November, the Festival will be held in the ArtPlay space in St. Petersburg.